Nineties Country Fun Fact: Tim McGraw
This Day in Country Music has us flashing back to a pretty big deal that happen on September 27, 1994. That was the day that Tim McGraw was number one on the country chart with his second album Not a Moment too Soon. Tim who performed this past summer in the Hudson Valley at the Orange County Speedway has gone to even more milestones in his career but it was this week 25 years ago that he began a run at number that would last 29 weeks.
Not a Moment too Soon not only spent over half a year at number one but it also became Billboard's best selling Country album of 1994 and then it was named Album of the Year by the Academy of Country Music. In case you have lost your copy of the CD you had in 1994 this album was the one that brought us the Tim McGraw mega hits "Indian Outlaw", "Don't Take the Girl", "Down on the Farm" and "Refried Dreams".
Listen to Paty Quyn weekday afternoons from 3PM to 7PM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash