Why Is the DEC Dumping Fish Into Lake George?
The Department of Environmental Conservation published a video showing them dumping fish into Lake George.
On Wednesday, October 24, the New York Department of Environmental Conservation posted a video on their Facebook showing thein dumping salmon into Lake George. The DEC wrote that they stock Lake George with roughly 33,000 salmon each year.
Why are they dumping tens of thousands of fish into Lake George? According to their Facebook post, it's so there are better angling opportunities. About 30,000 of those fish are dumped as yearling fish (aka young fish) into the lake in the spring and the remaining 3,000 are raised at the Warren County Fish Hatchery and then dumped as 'super yearlings'.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash