Last Minute Effort To Legalize Marijuana In New York Fails
Another effort to legalize marijuana in New York State has failed like its predecessors.
Newsday reports that another bill that aimed to legalize recreational marijuana in New York State has failed. The effort to legalize marijuana is done for 2019 in New York State with the failure of this bill. The bill failed when six Long Island Democrats did not switch positions to support the bill.
According to Newsday, the bill has public support but couldn't be translated into a bill that would have definite passage by the Democratic majority in the State Senate and Assembly. On the agendas of the Senate and Assembly for the final day of the legislative session, there was no amended marijuana legalization bill.
If the bill had passed, marijuana would have been legal to consume publicly. However, it would be subjected to the same regulations as tobacco. Newsday reports that it also would have expunged the criminal records of people who were convicted of marijuana possession. IT also would have set up a retail system for marijuana.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Fireworks 2019
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash