Why You Should Count Your Pennies Wednesday
Find a Penny, pick it up, all the day, you'll have good luck. Or Pennies from heaven - when you find a penny it means someone in heaven is thinking of you. All great thoughts but the reality is right now with the way the economy is going we will all be counting our pennies more than ever. So it is probably good that Wednesday is not only April Fool's Day but also National One Cent Day.
The National Days calendar can't trace the origin of this particular day but on Wednesday we can all celebrate any way by looking for all those lost pennies. Who knows it could add up to some real dollars.
Fun penny fact: The first One Cent coin was issued in 1797 and was larger than today's penny. It was also made of 100% copper. Modern pennies are made copper or zinc. (National Days Calendar)
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash