Why Give More Than a Valentine on Friday
I personally think it is quite fitting that on a day we are all focused on love and sharing "heart" shaped everything that we also celebrate National Organ Donor Day. Started in 1988 according to the National Days Calendar, National Organ Donor Day was created by the Saturn Corporation and it's United Auto Workers partners. The U.S Department of Health and Human Services help support it along with other nonprofit health organizations.
A great way to mark this day is to find out more about becoming an organ donor and if you are an organ recipient then celebrate by sharing your story.
Some facts from the National Days page include:
1 - In the United States, more than 120,000 people are waiting for a life-saving organ donation.
2 - Approximately every two seconds, there is someone in the U.S. who needs blood, which translates to the need for over 41,000 daily donations.
3 - A single donor can save up to 8 lives and help more than 75 people.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash