6 New Target Stores Opening in New York
If you enjoy shopping at Target stores there will soon be six new locations to shop at in New York.
Back in September, we told you that Target was planning on closing nine stores across the country before the end of 2023 due to an ongoing issue with retail theft. Out of the 9 stores closing, New York was scheduled to lose one store, located at 517 E 117th St. in New York City.
The Harlem, NY Target has since closed its doors due to theft issues but that hasn't stopped one of the biggest names in retail from continuing to open new locations to serve its customers in New York and beyond. A brand new store just opened in a different part of the New York City area at 10 Union Square East according to SI Live.
Six New Targets Opening in New York
The newly opened store on the northeast corner of 14th Street will soon be joined by six other New York locations as Target has officially confirmed they are adding 20 more stores to the nearly 2,000 they already operate. The new stores in New York will be scattered across the state in the following locations:
- Brooklyn, Kings Plaza. Located at 5100 Kings Plaza, Suite 2201
- Yonkers Cross County. Located at 8000 Mall Walk
- Lake Success. Located at 1400 Union Turnpike
- Manhattan, Chelsea. Located at the northeast corner of 23rd Street and 8th Avenue
- Manhattan, Harlem. Located at 121 W. 125th St., just west of 125th St. and Malcolm X Blvd.
- Queens, Astoria. Located on 31st St. between Ditmars Blvd. and 23rd Ave.
New Target Stores in the Hudson Valley
With Target already having numerous locations across the Hudson Valley including stores in Newburgh, Kingston, Poughkeepsie, and Middletown it's unlikely they will open a new location in the Hudson Valley in the foreseeable future.
5 Stores That Could Replace ShopRite in New York
Gallery Credit: CJ
7 Restaurants the Hudson Valley Wants Back
Gallery Credit: Canva/Google