Lower Hudson Valley Gymnastics Coach Sexually Abused Children
A Hudson Valley gymnastics coach sexually abused a number of young children.
Joseph Lewin, 68, of Port Chester, was sentenced on Monday in Rockland County Court to four years in prison. He pleaded guilty to course of sexual conduct against a child, a felony, in June.
Lewin, a longtime gymnastics coach who owned and operated “Joe’s Gym” in Hillburn, admitted to engaging in sexual contact with the young victims between 2007 and 2014.
Lewin, who formerly was known as Joseph Lewandoski, was arrested in May of 2018 and accused of sexually abusing victims all under the age of 13 between 2001 and 2014.
The alleged sexual abuse happened at The Gym, also known as Joe's Gym, on Route 59 in the Village of Hillburn and The Gym on Suffern Place in the Village of Suffern. Lewin owned both gyms, police say.
- Woman Who Killed Boyfriend Hopes to be Sentenced Under New Law
- 84 Shutdown For Hours in Hudson Valley After Fatal Accident
- Hudson Valley School Bus Driver Dies After Crash With 22 Students
- Police: Hudson Valley Woman Killed By Pet Dogs Inside Home
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Continues Fight to Stay Open
- Dog Left for Dead on 9W, Help Needed in Finding Suspect
- Billy Crystal Spotted Dining at Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant
- Bear Caught Fishing in the Hudson Valley