Don’t Miss National Popcorn Day
Popcorn is one of those snack foods I just can't get enough of no matter how you make it. Buttered, caramelized, cover in cheddar powder or kettled popcorn it the perfect snack. According to Wikipedia popcorn has been around for thousands of years. Most of the popcorn I enjoy now a days comes prepared in a bag or in a bucket at the movies but I can remember when my dad would make it in a pot on the stove.
The first time I ever made popcorn in a pot I remember thinking cool I didn't burn this batch. The art of shaking the pot was the key. It was long after that glorious achievement I discovered an air popper and never looked back.
So I am bring up my happy popcorn memories because Sunday, January 19th is National Popcorn Day. Celebrated since 1988 according to the National Days Calendar folks feel free on Sunday to enjoy popcorn however you like it, buttered or not.
Listen to Paty Quyn weekday afternoons from 3PM to 7PM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash