Cold = Hungry So what Should You Eat
The weather has turned cold again and if you may have noticed that your appetite has increased with the falling temperatures. The two seem to go hand in hand. Food is energy and energy keeps us warm in the the frigid cold. So what should we be looking to cook over the next few days?
According to The Spruce there are 30 great meals we could enjoy to stay warm. Everything from stew to chili to meat loaf to cheese burger soup. It seems the heartier the better in this colder weather. Plus cooking in the kitchen means the oven is on keeping the house even warmer.
This past weekend I made lasagna and blueberry pancakes, two items I haven't made since last winter when it got so cold I couldn't imagine eating out. This week I figure I will be doing more cooking and then when it finally warms up I will be sure to figure up a way to work off the extra calories.
Listen to Paty Quyn weekday afternoons from 3PM to 7PM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash