Celebrate Peanut Butter Lover’s Day on Sunday
March starts off with a delicious National Day. This Sunday March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lover's Day. Celebrated since 1990 when it was started to commemorate the anniversary of Peanut Butter made it's commercial debut.
According to the National Days Calendar Peanut Butter was first supplied by a doctor to his patients in 1890. It was to help people who couldn't chew. Good idea I guess except we all know how it can also get stuck on the roof of your mouth.
I am a huge peanut butter fan. I have been known to put it on everything including Chocolate donuts. Don't knock if you haven't tried it. And yes I am brand loyal. Peanut butter is always JIF and I prefer the crunchy.
Fun Peanut Butter Facts Coutesy of the National Days Calendar:
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- C.H. Sumner first sold peanut butter in the United States at the Universal Exposition in St. Louis. He sold $705.11 of the “new treat” at his concession stand.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup was introduced to America in 1928.
- The oldest operating manufacturer and seller of peanut butter has been selling peanut butter since 1898.
- Mr. Ed TV’s used peanut butter as a secret ingredient to get a horse talking.
- Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter.
- January 24th is National Peanut Butter Day.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash