The Hudson Valley’s Newest Roundabout Opens
More and more roundabouts and traffic circles are popping up in the Hudson Valley with another one opening to traffic on Tuesday. Hudson Valley 360 reports the $4.5 million dollar project can be found at the intersection of 9G and Route 23 near the Rip Van Winkle Bridge.
Located in the town of Greenport, the job took roughly two months to be completed. It includes a 25 space parking lot and sidewalks which lead to Olana State Historic site and over the bridge.
The completed roundabout is part of the larger Hudson River Skywalk announced by Governor Cuomo last year. The project includes re-doing the sidewalks on the Rip Van Winkle Bridge as part of a more than $14 million dollar plan.
How do you feel about all these roundabouts and traffic circles popping up in the Hudson Valley?
Did you know: Roundabouts and traffic circles are not the same things. According to the department of transportation, traffic circles are much larger than roundabouts and often include traffic signals or signs within the circular intersection.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash