CBD Shop The Leaf in Beacon Featured By Forbes, Fox Business
A business that recently opened up in the Hudson Valley has been featured by Forbes and Fox Business.
In 2014, Grant McCabe opened up Smoker’s Mecca on Main Street in Beacon and sold CBD products purchased from other suppliers. McCabe told Hudson Valley Post he noticed "huge swings" in the quality of the product so he wanted to offer Hudson Valley residents "higher-quality CBD products at lower prices."
McCabe then started growing hemp locally and organically and opened up The Leaf NY at 498 Main Street in Beacon to sell his product.
"We love the diverse Beacon community and East Main Street in particular. We have a beautiful store in a beautiful location, right by Beacon Falls, and are in the process of opening another store in Dutchess County," McCabe said in an email.
CBD and THC are the most common cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant.
"THC is the one that causes the psychoactive effects people associate with marijuana. CBD is more medically beneficial than THC, and doesn't alter your perception," McCabe said.
The Leaf NY offers CBD in many forms, including tinctures, gummies, softgels, raw flower, tea, muscle creams, and salves for topical use as well as bath and body products made with hempseed oil. McCabe hopes to start selling some products to other retailers at wholesale prices.
The Beacon company's CBD Relax and Sleep Tea was highlighted by Forbes in its guide about the best holiday gifts for 2019
- 'Deadly' Drug-Resistant Superbug Spreading In Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Doctor Accused of Stealing Millions From Patients
- Newborn Baby Found Dead in Vacant Lot in Hudson Valley
- Fire Destroys Hudson Valley Animal Sanctuary
- New Details Surrounding Former Newburgh Teacher's Disappearance
- Police Seek Help After Elderly Woman Raped in Newburgh
- Help Needed In Finding Teen Who Went Missing From Dutchess County