Jess Takes on Jessie James Decker Recipe
If you were listening to the show this week, you can recall when I made CJ try something crazy for our Testing our Tastebuds segment.
Except it wasn't that crazy and was actually delicious.
You know I'm a big fan of anything pumpkin flavored so when I saw the following recipe, I had to try it.
Jessie James Decker released a cookbook recently and shared one of her recipes on Instagram. Take a look:
So I got to baking and asking our weekend host Alex if she could send me the recipe. This is what she sent me from Jessie's book "Just Jessie" :
3 ripe bananas
1 can of pumpkin (I used half)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon (I put a little extra, just a personal preference)
2 teaspoons of maple syrup
1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt
1 bag of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter (I used coconut oil) an 8 1/2 x 41/2 inch loaf pan.
- Combined bananas, pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, butter, cinnamon and maple syrup in a larger bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix your flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the banana/pumpkin mixture. Mix in chocolate chips
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes (I have an older oven so it took about an hour and 10 minutes)
And ta-da! You've got yourself a delicious Pumpkin/Banana/Chocolate Chip Loaf. The perfect snack or dessert for a fall afternoon.
Thanks, Jessie James Decker for being my baking inspiration this weekend. I think everyone loved it!
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash