Jess Takes on Jessie James Decker Recipe
If you were listening to the show this week, you can recall when I made CJ try something crazy for our Testing our Tastebuds segment.
Except it wasn't that crazy and was actually delicious.
You know I'm a big fan of anything pumpkin flavored so when I saw the following recipe, I had to try it.
Jessie James Decker released a cookbook recently and shared one of her recipes on Instagram. Take a look:
So I got to baking and asking our weekend host Alex if she could send me the recipe. This is what she sent me from Jessie's book "Just Jessie" :
3 ripe bananas
1 can of pumpkin (I used half)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon (I put a little extra, just a personal preference)
2 teaspoons of maple syrup
1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt
1 bag of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter (I used coconut oil) an 8 1/2 x 41/2 inch loaf pan.
- Combined bananas, pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, butter, cinnamon and maple syrup in a larger bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix your flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the banana/pumpkin mixture. Mix in chocolate chips
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes (I have an older oven so it took about an hour and 10 minutes)
And ta-da! You've got yourself a delicious Pumpkin/Banana/Chocolate Chip Loaf. The perfect snack or dessert for a fall afternoon.
Thanks, Jessie James Decker for being my baking inspiration this weekend. I think everyone loved it!