Hudson Valley Restaurant Owner Accused of Raping Minor
A man who used to own a number of restaurants in the Hudson Valley is accused of raping a minor.
Recently an Ulster County Grand Jury indicted Robert T. Bruno of Newburgh on three counts of second-degree rape, two counts of third-degree rape and two counts of second-degree criminal sexual act, the Ulster County District Attorney's Office confirmed to Hudson Valley Post.
Burno was arrested in September 2019, after an investigation conducted by a member of the Saugerties Police Department following a report accusing Bruno of having sexual intercourse with a minor. Bruno was charged with five counts of rape and criminal sex act, all felonies. Police didn't go into details about what led to the arrest.
An Ulster County District Attorney's Office spokesperson confirmed to Hudson Valley Post the indictment charges stem from alleged sexual contact with a minor. According to the spokesperson, the second-degree rape charge alleges Bruno was at least 18 and had sexual intercourse with someone younger than 15 and the third-degree rape charge alleges he was over 21 and had sexual intercourse with someone younger than 17.
Bruno has worked at a number of eateries in the region and is the former owner of Bruno's Pizza and Delicioso Deli & Bistro in Saugerties. Both have since closed.
- Woman Says She Found Cockroach in Food From Hudson Valley Eatery
- Snow in the Forecast for The Hudson Valley This Weekend
- You Can Spend The Night in a Dream Hudson Valley Castle
- Child Dies From 300-Foot Fall on Icy Upper Hudson Valley Trail
- America Runs on Dunkin’ But Dunkin’ Runs on Poughkeepsie
- Taco Bell Opening New Location in Hudson Valley, More Coming Soon
- Planet Fitness to Open New Location in Hudson Valley