Hudson Valley Man Arrested After Police Say He Passed School Bus
Illegally passing a school bus is very dangerous, especially when it's snowing.
According to police, that's exactly what Mark Crispino did in February. Police say the 55-year old man passed a school bus on the right-hand side while two children were exiting the bus on the same side.
Video surveillance from the bus shows a black sedan dangerously zipping by the bus, without any regard for the safety of the students who were being dropped off. Unfortunately, because of the snowy conditions, the license plate of the car was illegible.
State Police in Columbia County conducted an extensive investigation and determined that the car belonged to Crispino, who resides in Stuyvesant. He was charged with vehicle and traffic violations including Reckless Endangerment in the 2nd degree, Reckless Driving, Imprudent Speed, Failure to Stop for a School Bus, and Improper Passing on the Right.
The man is scheduled to appear at Stockport Court on March 18 to face the charges.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash