Historic Church At Prime Main Street Beacon Location Up For Sale
A depression-era church and former bank in a desirable section of Beacon is on the market for the first time in decades. The 6,000 square foot property at 139 Main Street has been a church since the 1950s and before that Mechanics Savings Bank.
The one of a kind vintage architecture stands out in a neighborhood that also includes neighbors Bank Square Coffee House, The Pandorica, Beacon Creamery, and other popular local staples. The asking price is currently $1.25 million if you've got it laying around.
The possibilities for use are endless but a restaurant could make sense as there is already a fully functioning kitchen. Much of the original character remains intact although some marble flooring is currently covered by carpet. Drop ceilings hide a domed marble ceiling with a large skylight.
Have a look at some of the photos and think about what you'd do with the property if given the chance.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to noon through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coronavirus in New York
- Did this Hudson Valley Family Catch a Ghost on Camera?
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge?
- Hudson Valley Donut Shop Named Best in New York State
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Hudson Valley School Surprises Students
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America