Historic Church At Prime Main Street Beacon Location Up For Sale
A depression-era church and former bank in a desirable section of Beacon is on the market for the first time in decades. The 6,000 square foot property at 139 Main Street has been a church since the 1950s and before that Mechanics Savings Bank.
The one of a kind vintage architecture stands out in a neighborhood that also includes neighbors Bank Square Coffee House, The Pandorica, Beacon Creamery, and other popular local staples. The asking price is currently $1.25 million if you've got it laying around.
The possibilities for use are endless but a restaurant could make sense as there is already a fully functioning kitchen. Much of the original character remains intact although some marble flooring is currently covered by carpet. Drop ceilings hide a domed marble ceiling with a large skylight.
Have a look at some of the photos and think about what you'd do with the property if given the chance.
FOR SALE: Historic Beacon Church/Former Bank
- Coronavirus in New York
- Did this Hudson Valley Family Catch a Ghost on Camera?
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge?
- Hudson Valley Donut Shop Named Best in New York State
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Hudson Valley School Surprises Students
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America