Fishkill Police Officer Saves Toddler From Choking
A Hudson Valley police officer is being credited with saving a young girl's life.
The Town of Fishkill Police Department shared on Facebook that one of their officers, Officer Martyn, was in the right place at the right time.
On January 4th, a call had come into Dutchess County 911 that alerted officers to a young child choking and not breathing. Officer Martyn was able to arrive at the location in seconds.
Timing was everything in those moments while Officer Martyn was able to get the object out of the girl's throat and start administering CPR. Officer Martyn's actions were life-saving, as the girl was then transported to Vassar.
Later the girl was life-flighted to Westchester Medical Center and was able to make a full recovery.
Thank you, Officer Martyn for being quick to respond. We're glad to hear the little one made a full recovery.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash