Father’s Body Found in Hudson Valley Lake
On Sunday, August 18th, a father went missing after jumping into a Hudson Valley lake to save his son.
It was reported that the man jumped into the water after his toddler-aged son fell off of a pontoon boat the family was on at Greenwood Lake. An off duty NYPD officer was on the scene and tried to help the man, but could not get to him in time. The child, along with the rest of the family, made it to shore safely, however, the father was not found.
The child is expected to be okay.
Divers and rescue teams were searching the Orange County lake on Sunday evening shortly after 5pm until around 8 pm when the search was called off due to severe weather.
ABC7 NY is reporting that divers have recovered the father's body.
This story will be updated with more details as they come in.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash