Dad Missing After Jumping Into Hudson Valley Lake to Save Child
A dad is missing and may have drowned after jumping into a lake in the Hudson Valley to save his child who fell into the water.
On Sunday, a man from Monsey went missing after jumping into Greenwood Lake while boating with his family on Sunday. The man and his family were boating on the lake when reports say the man's child fell into the water and he jumped into the lake to save his son, The Yeshiva World reports.
The father has been missing since jumping into the lake to save his child. The child was saved and the rest of the man's family safely made it to shore.
Police and fire departments from New York and New Jersey responded to the lake, but the search was suspended around 8 p.m. on Sunday due to severe weather. Anyone with information should call New York State Police.
ABC reports an eyewitness said the father drowned. Police have yet to confirm if the man drowned. Divers are expected to search for the man on Monday.
- 2 Dead, Many Injured After Plane Crashes Into Hudson Valley Home
- Hudson Valley Helping Local Family After Plane Crashes Into Home
- Beloved Hudson Valley Deli Closes After Nearly 40 Years, Honored
- Dad Missing After Jumping Into Hudson Valley Lake to Save Child
- These 21 Hudson Valley Police Departments Pay Police The Most