Bannerman Island Set To Screen Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
Bannerman Island continues to roll out movies for their 2018 season. On Saturday, June 23rd you'll be able to have the unique experience of watching the classic Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory on an island in the middle of the Hudson River.
Each of their 2017 film screenings sold out so if you want to go, reserving your tickets in advance is a good idea. The experience lasts from 7-10 PM and includes a boat ride to and from Beacon along a tour of the island. Popcorn, candy, and drinks are available for purchase.
The classic Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory was reportedly made with a budget of just a few million dollars. When it was released in 1971, it was not wildly successful but has gained in popularity over the years. The story follows Charlie who gets a golden ticket and visits the Wonka factory with four other children. Hijinx ensues.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash