Amazon-Sponsored Dutchess County Horse Racing In Kentucky Derby
A horse bred in Dutchess County will be running the Kentucky Derby on Saturday, May 5.
Audible was born in Pine Plains in February 2016, according to the Bristol Herald Courier. Soon after Audible was foaled, the horse was moved to a farm in Kentucky to be raised. Audible is the only New York-born horse to run in the Kentucky Derby this year.
Audible is also making headlines because Amazon--you know, the giant internet company--is sponsoring it. According to CNBC, Amazon internally refers to the sponsorship as "Project Neigh." Why is Amazon sponsoring the horse? Because Audible is the name of their audiobook company. Audible will be wearing Amazon's audiobook company's logo.
The horse's jockey is Javier Castellano and the trainer is Todd Pletcher. Audible's odds are 8-1 to win the Derby. In the horse's last four races, it won first place, according to CNBC. Audible was the winner of the Florida Derby.
Amazon is also offering everyone a free download of American Pharoah if Audible wins the Derby. They have created a full section on their website dedicated to their sponsorship of Audible.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash