$12 Million Spent To Protect Beacon Trails
A company has spent a significant amount on land with the goal to protect and preserve it.
The Poughkeepsie Journal reports that a company affiliated of Scenic Hudson, Slopeline, has purchased 1,200 acres for $12 million. The purchased property is in Hudson Highlands. It was purchased on Thursday, July 19.
The nearly 1,200 acres purchased encompasses the land that connects Breakneck Ridge trail and Mount Beacon trail, according to the article. These are two incredibly popular hiking trails in the Hudson Valley.
The company intends to preserve this land, as reported by the Poughkeepsie Journal. Specifically, the company wants to protect the habitat and water supply. They also announced that they intend to keep these trails open to the public, as it was not guaranteed prior to the purchase.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash