You Can Buy a Table Made From The Tree From Shawshank Redemption
This has to be one of the most expensive pieces of movie memorabilia ever.
Shawshank Redemption is one of my favorite movies of all time. I'm actually watching it right now. If you remember the movie, after Andy Dufresne's famous and triumphant escape from Shawshank Prison he sent Red a letter telling him to check out a rock that shouldn't be there near an old white oak tree. It's like something out of a Robert Frost poem. Ring any bells?
According to CNN, it turns out the tree is over 200 years old and it was reportedly knocked down by a during a storm.
Apparently, the leftover wood is being used to make large tables and mega fans are paying over $50,000 for them. I wonder if someone is carving "Brooks was here" on them.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash