Why You Shouldn’t Use Airport USB Charging Stations
You know those super convenient phone charging stations? Yea, don't use them.
Nothing is worse than being stuck with a dead phone on a flight. There goes my hours of entertainment as I'm sky high. I always get psyched when I see the phone charging stations. Well turns out, you really shouldn't use them. According to Forbes, cybercriminals can modify the USB connections to install malware on your phone or even download data without you knowing.
Forbes reports that if you really have to charge your phone, use your own charger and plug it into a wall outlet. Or, if that's not an option, use a portable power bank. But if you absolutely have to use a public phone charging station, you should invest in a dongle to add onto your charging cord that blocks data from passing down the cord.
Safe travels and charging!
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash