Why This Grocery Store Doesn’t Play Music While You Shop
As a frequent shopper of Aldi Grocery Stores, I have not noticed this, but maybe you have. Aldi does not play music in its stores while you shop. Have you noticed? Does it bother you or is it no big deal?
According to a recent email from Cooking Light, Aldi does not play music in its stores because they are all about keeping prices low for their customers. To play music in their stores Aldi would also have to pay music licensing fees, to recoup those fees, they would have to raise their prices.
After reading that email, I also noticed a few other stores that also did not play music. When was the last time you shopped in a Dollar Tree? You might notice that you don't hear music in most of their stores. The response I got as to why they don't play it, from a cashier when I was shopping the Hyde Park location said, "The bosses don't like it when we play music."
Notice any other store that doesn't play music? Let us know.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash