What Should Replace Poughkeepsie’s Italian Center?
The historic Poughkeepsie building that has housed the Italian Center since 1928 is up for sale, the question is what should replace it?
Located in the heart of Poughkeepsie at 227 Mill Street, the 1.45-acre site includes the 10,500 square foot building along with lots of parking and a small undeveloped parcel of land. The facility was originally built in the year 1900 and was renovated in the early 1960s.
Suggested use for the property includes a restaurant or bistro, community center or museum. Listed for sale on February 5th, the price tag sits at $1.7 million. The club has plans to continue on in a new location once the sale has been completed.
For many years, the Italian Center has hosted the popular Italian Festival. No announcement has been made as to the status of the 2020 fest but we can only hope it continues.
What would you like to see replace the Italian Center?
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash