Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
Hudson Valley residents Paul Rudd and Jeffrey Dean Morgan are better known by their day jobs as major Hollywood actors. Their side business may surprise you: Hudson Valley candy shop owners.
The store, called "Samuel's Sweet Shop," opened in 1994 when a man by the name of Ira Gutner left a lucrative career in New York City to open "Samuel's of Rhinebeck." After his passing a few years ago, it appeared the shop would close, but thankfully that was not the case. In a recent appearance with Jimmy Kimmel, Morgan is asked how he got into business with Rudd.
When I moved to this little town of Rhinebeck, we met this guy named Ira. He owned this little candy store that had been there for 25 years. And last year he suddenly and tragically passed away. We were at dinner one night and and decided we gotta save this and not let them turn it into a Burger King.
Samuel's does offer candy for sale via their website, so even if you can't make it out to the store, you can still enjoy some delicious treats.
Top 5 Most Famous SUNY New Paltz Graduates
- Coronavirus in New York
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America