Before you start to get ready to prepare Thanksgiving dinner this year, our good friend Heather from the Chocalte Mousse Caterers has put together a little help list to keep you on track:
Thanksgiving is just around the corner!!! And although the Holidays are a wonderful time to celebrate with friends and family, they can also add a bit of stress in the preparation process. So, here are some tips to help you prepare for a less chaotic Turkey-a-thon. Follow these steps to stay on top of your holiday game plan.
Saturday November 16
- Plan your menu - decide which items can be made ahead of time and frozen.
- Figure out what size turkey you'll need, and order it.
- Ask for one of your guests to bring dishes so you don't have to do it all.
Saturday November 23
- Make your grocery lists. - Go shopping for ingredients and non-perishable items including drinks.
Sunday November 24
- Make pies, cakes, breads and freeze them
Monday November 25
- Start defrosting turkey.
Tuesday November 26
- Make any dips and sauces - these will keep for 5 days. - Make the stuffing or dressing - it keeps for three days in the fridge. - Shop for remaining food items such as salad greens
Wednesday November 27
- Set the table. - Chill beverages.
- Cut and prepare the vegetable and starch dishes. - Remove bread, pies, and desserts from freezer.
- Cook the turkey. - Reheat the side dishes. - Take the turkey out of the oven, make the gravy.
Friday November 28
- Check back here for creative ways to spruce up leftovers.
The Chocolate Mousse