Police: Hudson Valley Man Drove With License Suspended 24 Times
A Hudson Valley man is behind bars without bail for allegedly driving his license suspended 24 times.
On Valentine's Day around 9:50 a.m., 43-year-old Luther T. Demonia of Lake Katrine was arrested for driving a motor vehicle which was stopped for having a suspended New York State registration.
An ensuing investigation led to the discovery that Demonia did not possess a New York State driver's license and that his privilege to operate a motor vehicle in the state of New York was suspended, the Town of Ulster Police Department announced on Wednesday.
In total, Demonia's license was suspended a total of 24 times, according to police. The suspensions were imposed by various municipal justice courts and by The New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Demonia was charged with the felony aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and operating a motor vehicle while the registration was suspended, a misdemeanor.
He was arraigned in the Town of Ulster Justice Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail without bail.
- Very Contagious Stomach Bug Spreading in Hudson Valley
- HPD: Hudson Valley Man Plows Into Family of 8 at 7-11 Killing Mom
- Outrage Grows Over Local Buildings Named After Slave Owners
- SUNY New Paltz Hall of Famer Killed in Florida
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher Killed in New York City
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Trying to Help Crash Victim
- Hudson Valley Schools Placed on Lockdown After Stabbing
- Hudson Valley Dog Stolen From Owner's Car on Valentine's Day
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Cutting Down Tree, Police Say
- Outrage Grows For Hudson Valley Inmate's Sudden Death in Prison