J. Crew Reportedly Filing for Bankruptcy
A retailer with multiple locations in the Hudson Valley is preparing to file for bankruptcy.
CNBC reports that J.Crew, an apparel company, is preparing to file for bankruptcy. The filing could come as soon as the weekend of May 2, 2020. J. Crew is a private company. Currently, it is working to secure $400 million to fund operations in bankruptcy.
According to CNBC, J. Crew was already having difficulties prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. The company had a large number of debts and slipping sales. Critics said the brand became out of touch. They had also lost design chief Jenna Lyons nad executive Mickey Drexler. CNBC reports that the problems they already had have become worse due to the pandemic, by forcing its stores to close.
In the lower Hudson Valley, J. Crew has a location at the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets and the Shops at Nanuet.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash