Jess’ Beach Etiquette List
Coming back from vacation isn't the most fun, but I'm happy to be back.
For the past 5 days, I was hanging out with a few of my friends down in Hilton Head, South Carolina. When we weren't exploring the town or checking out nearby Savannah, Georgia, we were hanging out at the beach.
One of my personal fears is birds, thanks to a traumatic experience at Jones Beach, followed by another incident at the Bronx Zoo and then watching Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" when I was 9.
So when I'm at the beach, I try to avoid bringing snacks out due to annoying seagulls trying to swipe down and snatch it from my hands.
On Saturday, while lounging on Sea Pines Beach the group to my left thought it was a good idea to hold out a chip and see how many seagulls swarmed.
They did it for fun. With no regard to everyone around them. This went on for about 10 minutes. Then one of their chips came loose and made its way to our area. I've never moved so fast.
I personally believe there's an etiquette when going to the beach. Here are a few of my beach rules to follow:
- Keep your music low.
- When shaking out your towel, try to roll it up and bring it to a remote area so you're not shaking sand on your neighbor.
- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT FEED SEAGULLS AT A PACKED BEACH ITS NOT FUN FOR ANYONE.
It's pretty simple, I'd say. What are your beach rules and regulations? Let us know on Facebook.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Fireworks 2019
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash