Here’s a Friendly Reminder to Wash Your Hands
We can't turn on the TV or scroll through social media without coming across a story about the Coronavirus.
Obviously, things have gotten a little more serious as there has been a spike in the illness worldwide. With that being said there are some measures we can take to stop the spread of illness.
Simply, if you're sick or if your kids are sick, stay home from work or school to avoid the spread of any kind of illness. Coronavirus or not. No one likes being sick or getting others sick.
If for some reason you needed a reminder of when to wash those bad boys, here's what the Center for Disease Control suggests:
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- Before and after caring for someone at home who is sick with vomiting or diarrhea
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
- After handling pet food or pet treats
- After touching garbage
Do you need a step by step of how to wash your hands? No worries, the CDC has that for you too:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them
If for some reason you're not near a sink with soap, you can use hand sanitizer. However, hand sanitizer does not get rid of all germs. The CDC also has a break down on how to use sanitizer if you forgot.
So as a nation, let's continue to cover our mouths and noses when we cough or sneeze, stay home when we're sick and wash our hands when we're supposed to.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash