Bear Steals Fish From Hudson Valley Hatchery
It's kind of like the Three Little Bears. Except this bear wasn't small.
No, this bear was around 200 pounds.
The Department of Environmental Conservation reports in a press release that Sullivan County encountered a bear problem last week. In the press release, they say that a bear had been spotted at the Catskill Fish Hatchery in the town of Rockland.
Obviously, the bear found an easy source of food at the hatchery. ECO Tom Koepf was called in and was assisted by Region 3 Bureau of Wildlife staff to get the nuisance bear moved.
The bear was then sedated and fitted with a radio collar that will help collect bear data in the future.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash