6 Indoor Destinations For Hudson Valley Kids
Winter is in full swing which inevitably means limited options for things to do for Hudson Valley kids. Here's a look at six places you can go to until the weather starts warming up.
6. Your local library. There's more going on at your local library than you might expect. Check local listings for games, reading and writing programs. A lot are even free with your library card.
5. Gravity Vault. Offering up a world-class indoor rock climbing facility, Gravity Vault offers group and team building options for kids in addition to private sessions. Looking for a unique place to have a kids birthday party? Look no further.
4. The movies. Sure they might be a little expensive, but there's nothing like catching a new release on the big screen. Between local and national chain options, the Hudson Valley has a wide variety of theaters to choose from.
3. Bounce. Featuring dozens of oversize trampolines, foam pits and more, Bounce is a popular destination in both the warmer and colder months. They offer 'Open Bounce' times, 'Jump 'N Glow' and dodgeball as well as time geared specifically for younger kids.
2. Castle Fun Center. Located in Chester, they've got a ton of options. You can do everything from riding go-karts to playing laser tag, mini-golf and lots more!
1. Mid Hudson Children's Museum. Around 80,000 people a year visit this Poughkeepsie based museum. They offer fun exhibits focusing on literacy, art, health and the local community.
Where's your favorite indoor activity spot for the winter months?
It's always a good idea to call ahead and check availability in each of these locations before you go.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash