What Is Proper Sauna Etiquette?
I'm having a bit of a dilemma.
I just recently joined a new gym that has all the fixings. There's a basketball court, a bunch of studios for different classes, a pool and a sauna.
The last time I was in a sauna was probably on a family vacation when I was 10 when me and my brother thought it would be fun to jump in the cold pool and run back into the sauna. We repeated that 15 times, thinking it was hilarious.
As I've gotten older, my friends swear by a nice soak in the sauna. Problem is, I don't know the etiquette.
For instance, what do I wear? Do I go in with just a towel? Fully clothed? I've been at this gym for about a week and I haven't gone near the sauna because I don't want to be the weirdo who doesn't know what they're doing.
Can I bring my phone and headphones in?
These are the things that keep me up a night. Help a girl out.
What are your sauna rules? Or do I just skip it all together?
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash