Watch Out For New Social Security Phone Scam
Another day, another scam warning.
The New York State Police are sharing information about a new scam making the rounds. On their official Facebook page, the NYS police report that there is a new phone scam where the caller will identify themselves as someone from the DEA or Drug Enforcement Administration.
Apparently, during the phone call, the caller will inform you that your social security number has been suspended. The New York State Police confirm that the DEA has no affiliation with social security matters.
The NYS police remind New Yorkers to "NEVER give your Social Security or any other private information over the phone."
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash