This Popular Spring Flower Can Kill Your Cat with Just One Lick
These flowers are beautiful and very popular this time of year but they are also very poisonous to your house cat.
We've all heard of the dangers of cats eating poinsettias. As a cat owner, it's pretty easy to avoid them especially since their only popular one month out of the year. I had no idea that lilies are extremely poisonous to your pet cat. You may have a few of these lying around the house this time of year. You could bring Easter Lilies into your home and not think twice about it.
According to Live Science, the plants are extremely toxic and can do some serious harm to your cat's kidneys with just a few licks. One leaf is all it takes. In fact, even licking pollen off of their fur can be enough to harm them.
The damage causes acute kidney failure (renal tubular necrosis) and it can occur within 24 and 48 hours of consumption according to Pet Poison Helpline. There is no cure yet as they don't know what toxin causes the issues.
If your cat shows any signs of frequent urination, not drinking or excessive thirst after coming to contact with a lily be sure to take them to your vet immediately.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash