Price Chopper Marriage Proposal Surprisingly Romantic
The ice cream aisle at Price Chopper might not seem like the most romantic place to get engaged, but one creative New Yorker made it happen. New York Upstate reports Town of Malta couple Angelo Orlando and Kelly Becker are now engaged to be married after a two-month plan came to fruition.
It turns out Ben and Jerry's will make custom labels at their facility in Vermont. Orlando recently happened to be traveling there for business and had them print up a 'Marry Me Mint' label. Becker's favorite ice cream is mint. Well played sir.
The plan almost didn't come to fruition when Becker didn't want to go along on the shopping trip but her sister convinced her to go. The plan was to originally plant the ice cream in the freezer at home. But when friends convinced Orlando it would be a bigger surprised if it was done at the local Price Chopper, he decided to give it a shot.
Romantic? Debatable. Memorable? Absolutely. What's the strangest place you've heard of for a proposal?
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash