Police: Seven Vehicles Involved in Route 9W Crash Friday Morning
Route 9W was closed for nearly two hours Friday Morning following a crash that involved seven vehicles.
On Friday, at approximately 7:30 a.m. the Esopus Fire Department and Esopus Ambulance were dispatched to a reported head-on motor vehicle accident in the area of 1097 Route 9W.
The first arriving unit was on the scene prior to dispatch and found what appeared to be several accidents involving seven vehicles.
Two of the vehicles involved struck head on, trapping one of the drivers. The Mass Casualty Incident (MCI) Plan was initiated bringing additional ambulances to the scene to assist.
Firefighters also deployed the 'jaws of life' and had the driver freed within 12 minutes. Seven patients were transported by ambulance to four local hospitals.
Route 9W remained closed for nearly two hours. Multiple departments assisted on the scene.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie