How To Be In The New York State Arbor Day Poster Contest
If you are an artist or you know someone who is please tell them about the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (NYS DEC) Arbor Day Post Contest. Imagine having a piece of art you created represent Arbor Day all over New York State.
The NYS DEC asks the public each year to consider submitting a piece of artwork that can be used in a program to promote Arbor around New York State. The art is transformed into a print that gets distributed around New York. It can be a photo or an original piece of art you create. This tradition has resulted in the poster prints becoming collector's items.
How to submit work for the NYS DEC Arbor Day Contest
The NYS DEC has been accepting submissions since September 12th, 2022, and will continue to accept art until December 31, 2022. So, if you don't have anything created yet you still have time.
What is the NYS DEC Arbor Day Poster Contest
The rules below are direct from the NYS DEC website.
- Both photographs and original artwork (paintings, drawings, etc.) may be submitted.
- Photographs must be taken in New York State, and artwork must be of an NYS location.
- Healthy trees without major defects tend to receive preference in judging.
- Photos or digital scans of the artwork must be submitted electronically and the quality must be at least 300 dpi at 8"x10".
- Model consent forms are required for any person who is a focus of a photo, or if the photo features a partially or wholly visible face or likeness.
- In any uncertain situation, assume that model consent is required.
- Only one submission per person is allowed.
- Submissions must be received by 12/31/2022.
In order to be part of the contest, you must fill out this form when submitting your art and you must also complete this consent form. All work should be submitted in the form of a high-resolution digital form and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 31, 2022.