NY Schools May Ban Chocolate Milk in Cafeterias
The state of New York is continuing to ban things from citizens and the next thing on the chopping block is chocolate milk.
What did chocolate milk ever do to anyone? Well, other than contribute to hyper activity, obesity and diabetes. The days of enjoying a delicious carton of chocolate milk and pretending its healthy may be numbered at a few schools in New York.
According to CBS New York, the Department of Eucation and and the Department of Health are in favor of implementing a ban that has been discussed for over 10 years now on chocolate milk from schools.
Many parents are opposed to the ban stating that their children would go for other alternatives filled with sugar that would contain no vitamins. Despite the sugar, milk still is one of the most commons ways that children get calcium and vitamin D.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash