Many Roads Will Be Closed in Dutchess County on Sunday
A number of roads will be closed in Dutchess County on Sunday, which could lead to a traffic nightmare in other areas.
On Sunday, the 40th Annual Dutchess County Classic will take place on roads throughout Lagrange, Wappinger and East Fishkill.
Hundreds of runners will participate in either a kid's race, 5K or half marathon. The half marathon will start and end at the Lagrange Town Hall in the town of Lagrange.
The following roads will be closed on Sunday for the races:
- Stringham Road, in the area of the Lagrange Town Hall, from 7 a.m. until noon.
- Todd Hill Road, between Stringham Road and Bushwick Road, between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
- Lauer Road, between Todd Hill Road and Noxon Road, from 8:00 a.m. and 9:15 a.m.
- Noxon Road, in the town of Lagrange, from the intersection of Robinson Lane to Kinkead Lane, will have delays from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
Due to the closures and potential traffic delays during the race, drivers are advised to avoid the following roads on Sunday between 7:45 a.m. and noon.
- Stringham Road
- Lauer Road
- Noxon Road
- Robinson Lane
- Hillside Lake Road (County Route 33)
- Todd Hill Road
If you plan on using any of those roads on Sunday, police say you should give yourself extra driving time or seek another route.
- Sex Offender Moves Next Door to Hudson Valley Elementary School
- Large Reward Offered After Hudson Valley Man Killed Outside Club
- Hudson Valley Business Goes Viral Thanks to Hilarious Sign
- Bear Attacks Hudson Valley Man Inside Home
- 14 High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offenders Move
- DA: Hudson Valley Teacher's Aide Brought Loaded Gun to School
- Man Admits To Killing Hudson Valley Teen Away At College
- Hudson Valley Man Left Murder Victim's Corpse in Planter
- Woman Goes on Homophobic Rant at Hudson Valley ShopRite