Lower Hudson Valley Man Trips Over Luggage Scale, Sues For $5 Million
Back on August 11, a Harrison man went to Westchester County Airport to purchase a Jet Blue ticket from New York to Nevada. A lawsuit claims that he left that day with what is being called "life-altering" injuries. Another lawsuit? Yes. LoHud.com says the man now wants Westchester County to pay him $5 million.
LoHud.com says the man filed the claim in New York Supreme Court in December, alleging airport staff was negligent when he fell over a scale that he claims wasn't marked or could be seen.
The suit claims it all started when the man had questioned a clerk why the prices behind the counter were higher than what was online. When the clerk invited him behind the counter to view the prices, The suit claims the man tripped over a luggage scale on his way over and sustained severe injuries.
The plaintiff is also diabetic and can not undergo surgery to repair his injuries, according to LoHud.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie