Hudson Valley Man Wins Mega Millions
A Woodstock man is Ulster County's newest lottery millionaire. This is a follow up on a story we reported back in July. Robert Burhans was on his way home from Kingston when he and his wife stopped at a Stewart's Shop to pick up some soda. He matched the first five numbers from the July 10 Mega Millions drawing. Burhans won the $1,000,000 second place prize.
Burhans said they only play Mega Millions when the jackpots are really high. He checked his number the next day and knew right away he was the big winner. The winning numbers from the July 10 drawing were 1-17-28-56-70 with a Mega Ball of 14. The Mega Millions second prize is paid as a one-time lump sum payment. He received a net check totaling $671,800 after taxes.
What’s Burhans plan for the money? He says a nice vacation and that it feels great not to have to worry about money anymore. The ticket was purchased at the Stewart’s Shop at 268 Broadway in Kingston. Robert Burhans is the 78th New York Lottery player to claim a prize totaling $1,000,000 or more this year.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash