Gas Prices Are About To Rise In The Hudson Valley
Well, it looks like your wallet is about to take a hit.
You may have noticed that gas prices have been slowly rising over the last few weeks. The national average is currently $2.52 per gallon. Around this time last year, it was $2.30 per gallon. So get ready, because those prices aren't done rising.
AAA Northeast have released a forecast that expects the national average to climb as high as $2.70 per gallon, the highest it's been in three years. A spokesperson for AAA attributed the price hike to higher crude oil prices and consumer demand, and we can expect to see it at the pump by early April.
Now, here's the thing: the average price in New York is already $2.70 per gallon. So if our prices rise like the rest of the country's, we could be paying close to $3.00 per gallon by the time summer rolls around. So hopefully you've saved up some cash this winter, you're going to need it just to get to work in the morning.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash