Dutchess County Bridge Closed, Effective Immediately
A New York State DOT inspection found severe deterioration of the bridge’s steel girders, causing it's immediate closure.
The Dutchess County Department of Public Works has announced the Mill Lane Bridge (PV-17) in the Town of Pleasant Valley has been closed to ALL traffic following notification received today after a New York State DOT inspection.
The inspection found severe deterioration of the bridge’s steel girders and a Red Flag, requiring Prompt Interim Action (PIA), was issued. The bridge is located at the southern end of Mill Lane, at the intersection of Mill Lane with Parksville Road and Drake Road.
Approximately 140 vehicles pass over the bridge each day, on average. Motorists will be directed around the closed bridge, via Route 44, Traver Road, and Parksville Road.
For more information, please contact the Dutchess County Department of Public Works at (845) 486-2925
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash