Over $20,000 Stolen From Dutchess County Animal Rescue
A local animal rescue discovered this week that they were robbed.
Compassionate Animal Rescue Efforts of Dutchess County, CARE of DC, shared shocking news on their Facebook page on January 27th. The local animal rescues checking account was hacked.
It's being reported that $23,477.79 was stolen out of the account.
CARE of DC said in a statement "We don't know how or why someone would do this to an animal rescue, we only know that it happened." They also add that this will affect them in the future as they have committed to taking in "close to 100 dogs and cats in the next 4 weeks."
Without these funds, the organization might have to refuse the incoming rescues.
The CARE of DC staff has been working with the local Sheriff's Department to figure out how and why this happened.
For more details about CARE of DC you can visit their Facebook page.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash