Dr Pepper Jelly Is A Thing And Here’s How To Make It
I, like most human beings like me a good Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich. My daughter is obsessed with PB&J's but lately it's been jelly. Just the other day we were in Hannaford picking up a few groceries and I let her pick out her jelly, she held onto it like it was gold.
My step mother when she was still alive would always spend a weekend making jelly for us to have all winter and if she were still around, I'd ask her to try Dr Pepper Jelly.
Yes, Dr Pepper Jelly, as in the soda.
This is a thing in Texas and starting to pick up ground elsewhere. There is even a Youtube instructional video on how to make it. Watch it HERE
If you're more of a follow directions kind of person, Here is how to make it.
- Add 4 cups of Dr. Pepper to a large size pot
- Bring the pot to a full boil for 5 minutes
- Remove and stir in one pack of sure-jell with a metal spoon
- Combine 4 cups of sugar to the pot
- Reboil the pot for 2 minutes
- Put your jars in a pot of non-boiling hot water, making sure the water covers the jars and keep them warm on the stove. Do the same with the lids but use a large saucepan instead of a pot.
- After boiling for 2 minutes, remove the jelly pot from the stove and let cool down before pouring it into the jars.
- Wipe the lids with a damp cloth for a tight seal
- Place the sealed jars back into the pot of hot water
- Boil the water one last time
- Cool and enjoy