Dollar Tree To Close Nearly 400 Stores
If you ever wondered "How do dollar stores last by selling products for $1?" Rest assured, they aren't.
CNBC reports that Dollar Tree will be closing close to 400 stores and renovating about 1,000 others. The mass closures come after a $2.3 billion loss. To be specific, Dollar Tree will be closing 390 stores.
According to CNBC, Dollar Tree took the $2.3 billion loss on its Family Dollar stores, another discount store that is not everything for $1. 200 Family Dollar stores will be rebranded to Dollar Tree stores. The 400 stores that are getting renovated will get expanded freezer and cooler sections.
Dollar Tree closing stores come after multiple Hudson Valley retailers announcing store closures. Charlotte Russe will be closing all stores, Abercrombie is closing stores across the country, and three other major retailers are suffering from online shopping.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash