Winter Weather Advisory Issued for Parts of Hudson Valley
For the first time in over a month, the Hudson Valley will be forced to find their shovels as metrologists continue to predict hazardous weather for this weekend.
Following a weekend of record-breaking heat, residents were not thrilled that nearly a foot of snow was initially predicted for the region this weekend.
The forecast has since been downgraded, but the region will still see a decent amount of snow Saturday into Sunday.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for Orange, Putnam, Rockland and Westchester counties and a Hazardous Weather Outlook for Dutchess, Ulster and Sullivan Counties.
The National Weather Service is currently predicting 4 inches of snow for Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Rockland and Westchester Counties; 5 inches for Putnam County; and 4 to 6 inches for Sullivan County.
Hudson Valley Weather is forecasting 2 to 6 inches of snow for the Hudson Valley and 4 to 8 inches for the Catskills.
Snow is expected to start falling from west to east in the region after 11 a.m. and be heavy at times between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. The storm will taper off from west to east after 7 p.m.
Temperatures will only be in the 20s when the storm starts, so Hudson Valley Weather warns the snow will stick to all surfaces leading to "icy roads hazardous travel
- Reduced visibility, snowfall rates up to 1" per hour."
- West Point Cadet Tries to Bring Porn Star to Military Banquet
- Rumors Swirl About Louis C.K. Show in Hudson Valley
- New York Flag Could Change For First Time in 138 Years
- 14 Eateries the Hudson Valley Wants
- Black Bear Spotted Near Hudson Valley Home's Front Door
- Hudson Valley Woman Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Finalist
- 11 Sex Offenders Living in Hudson Valley Arrested
- Foot of Snow Forecast For Hudson Valley After Record Heat
- 11 Hudson Valley Restaurants With 5 or More Critical Violations
- Cuomo Promises to Legalized Marijuana in New York This Year
- 'Beloved' Lower Hudson Valley Coach Killed in Home Fire
- Father, Kids Find Dead Body in Hudson Valley State Park